Where others have failed, I am committed to succeed with students by . . .
- Keeping students in school. I can’t teach them and they can’t learn from me if they’re not in school. Only by staying in the game does one have a chance to score.
- Building a relationship with each student. If they don’t like and respect me, they won’t learn from me.
- Teaching through words and by example that the most important things in life are giving and receiving love, lifelong learning, working in balance, and playing in balance.
- Making certain that each student improves in as many of the following areas as possible based on individual student needs:
- Reading skills and increased interest in reading
- Basic math mastery
- Earning credits toward graduation
- Social skills, behavior, and citizenship
CREED FOR SUCCESS IN SCHOOL & A HAPPY LIFE
I’m working to develop INTEGRITY and live an honest life.
I know that EDUCATION and LIFELONG LEARNING are the keys to today and the future.
I am committed to PERSONAL GROWTH in all areas of life: Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, and Spiritual.
I understand that CHOICES have results and that I am RESPONSIBLE for my actions.
I will practice GOOD CITIZENSHIP so that I can help preserve the democracy in which I live.
I show RESPECT to others so that I can respect myself and be deserving of the respect of others.
I pledge to be CARING toward others and live a life of SERVICE.
I know that I can OVERCOME ADVERSITY & CHALLENGES.
As I follow this Creed I will find SUCCESS in school and develop a life of VALUE and MEANING.